6/30/11

Rozelle Markets

Went to the Rozelle Markets last Saturday, had a bit of an 'indie' moment I suppose. I don’t think I have been to a market since I lived in Japan, and never been to ones by myself. I guess I always regarded it as one of those things that you do when your 25 or looking for something that you can’t find anywhere else, and I’ve never really been one of those people.

Regardless of this opinion however, I loved it! All the knickknacks, the clothes, the antiques, the things that you look at thinking I have no idea what that is or how it works but I want to touch it. However I feel as though feeling of interest was enhanced by the incredible atmosphere, all the sales people were lovely and the crowd although packed was gentle enough that you could squeeze through or just sit down and listen to the buzz.

Whilst there however I bought a few things, relevant to this blog of course, a few $1 records (because I’ve always wanted one) and an old camera!
A Minolta Hi-Matic 7s! Done a bit of research since, it was released in 1966 one of their benchmark cameras as it boasts the first camera with an automatic exposure setting both shutter speed and aperture automatically, and has a very good 45mm f1.1.8 lens.


Anyway, as I only paid $30 I figured if it didn’t work I would dismantle the lens and make a custom lens for my current DSLR. I am now on my second roll of film, as I managed to mess up the first roll, but I got one exposure on it, which meant it works, and I now know how to use it I might experiment a little bit.








0 comments:

Post a Comment